At first glance you might not realise how strong your business is.
- We’ll get to know your business
- Guide you through the whole valuation process
- From indicative valuations to business improvement – we can help with all types of valuations.
From time to time all forms of businesses, and the people behind them, will want the services of an independent professional valuer.
Regardless of whether the circumstances surrounding the valuation are straightforward or extremely complex, the engagement of an independent professional expert is paramount in ensuring the issues relevant to each situation are appropriately considered. Sometimes you just want an idea of how much your business is worth or what you can do to improve the value of your business/entity in the future – we can help with this too through one of our indicative valuation reviews.
Valuations can be conducted for a wide range of reasons:
- purchase, sale or merger of a business or any of its related assets
- litigation (including family law)
- management buyouts
- family and succession planning
- joint ventures
- review of potential investments
- due diligence
- minority shareholdings
- capital raisings or initial public offerings (IPOs)
- dispute resolution (including litigation)
- capital gains tax and stamp duty
- long term incentive programs
All valuations we undertake will be in accordance with various court rules and professional requirements.
Each member of our valuations team also provide general accounting and tax services to small to medium sized business. This is intentional, as being in touch with the issues relevant to ‘business’ and truly understanding the risks and opportunities they encounter, helps our team adopt a rounded view for the valuations process. Ultimately, it means we’re in the best position to estimate the true market value of your business.
In our view, we can’t value a business by sitting behind our desk. That’s why, unless specifically instructed otherwise, we visit every business we value, taking the time and effort to ensure we understand the issues in your business first-hand.
To identify key issues in any potential valuation some clients just need a discussion, without committing to a full valuation. If that’s your position, we’re happy to discuss specific valuations and give you a simple and concise explanation of the likely valuation process.
As the seller, you naturally want to ascertain a suitable and profitable selling value with the appropriate proceedings involved in the transaction. We’ll help you understand the valuation process and ultimately help you achieve your goal.
We also offer expert guidance and valuations when purchasing a business. We aim to make these transactions smooth and effortless and will consistently strive to achieve a valuable outcome for you.
Accompanying the decision to acquire, sell or merge a business is the necessity for a thorough investigation of hidden and potential risks and opportunities. The combined strength of experience of our assurance, advisory and tax teams means we can thoroughly investigate and identify these risks and opportunities, so you can secure a profitable and worthwhile transaction.
- reliability of financial information
- liabilities and potential liabilities
- accounting systems and controls
- business and industry risks
- key operational processes
- critical success factors
- tax implications, risks and opportunities
- business synergy and cost saving opportunities
- management and human resource matters
- future working capital requirements
Business valuation as a business improvement tool
Whether you are looking to acquire, sell or merge a business, our business improvement team can help you to assess, integrate, improve and innovate your business. See our business improvement page for more details. Our Business Valuations Specialist Partner Lauren Steinheuer and our Senior Valuations Consultant Bill Charlton would love to hear from you. Both of our valuations specialists bring extensive knowledge and decades of business development experience.