Giving your assets a hard shell for the future.
- Forming and maintaining plans for your comfortable retirement
- Protecting you from risk
- Offering you ongoing support and advice
You want a comfortable retirement. We all do. Whether you actually get there, or whether you get there smoothly, is all down to good planning. We’ll help you secure your wealth by imparting our years of knowledge and skills in asset protection to help you form solid plans.
Asset protection strategies
Many business owners are extremely busy doing what they do best – running their business. Often this means that they don’t adopt appropriate strategies to minimise the loss of well-earned assets. Without realising, owners could be potentially exposing their assets to risk, via trading or third party threats. Some business owners are also more vulnerable because of the industry they are in.
Ongoing planning and advice from our asset protection strategists can reduce or eliminate this exposure to risk. Essentially, we’ll help you give your assets that hard shell they need.
Asset protection is all about managing risks to both you personally and to your business. When considering if asset protection strategies are necessary for you, ask yourself some very simple questions:
- Do you believe you have adequate personal insurances in place for your business and your family?
- If you do believe you have adequate insurances do you know the amount the policies would pay out, who owns them and when they pay out?
- Are you at risk of being sued personally?
- Do you hold a significant dollar value of assets in your name?
- Do you have an up to date will and enduring power of attorney to protect your assets in the case of death or incapacity?
- For your business have you considered what strategies are in place to protect your business if something goes wrong?
Review our asset protection checklist to get started.
How we can help you
Our specialists can help you with
- Personal asset protection reviews
- Business asset protection reviews
- Structure risk reviews
- Business risk reviews
- Business risk planning
- Restructures – removal of personal assets to protected entities
- Equity strategies – removal of equity from trading businesses to protected entities
- Risk Insurance reviews
- Monitoring – of risk plans and asset protection strategies
- Estate planning – incorporating testamentary trusts and enduring powers of attorney to ensure your assets
go to the correct people and entities owned by you are left in the control of the right people
Who do we work with
The nature of asset protection often requires us to work closely with other professionals such as specialist asset protection solicitors and risk insurance specialists. We are more than happy to work with your own trusted advisors or alternatively we can provide you with a referral to an experienced specialist.
This content has been prepared to provide you with general information only and has not taken into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. It does not contain and it is not to be taken to contain Personal Financial Advice. Before making any financial or investment decisions, you should seek advice from an appropriately licenced or authorised financial advisor.
The content was prepared by UHY Haines Norton. AFS Licence No. 483056